Monday, October 6, 2008

Who's Your Mamma...

Well that would be ME!!! We did it! We ran the St. George marathon! Annie. Patti, Larry, and I started and FINISHED... key word FINISHED our marathon this weekend. I was one of the best and worst experiences of my life! It was pouring rain, freezing cold, and had WAY more hills than Patti said :), but we made it. Oh and someone forgot to inform me that a marathon is 26.2 miles not just 26! It was so great to meet all the people, challenge myself, accomplish a goal, and get to know my sister in law in a way I think only this could do. We laughed, cried, whined, cheered, and conquered and I love her so much for it! Thank you Larry and Patti for coming up with this CRAZY idea and helping me go through with it! You guys are amazing! Thank you Annie for being my crutch and soul sista, and thank you Zac for being SO understanding and supportive. You are so awesome and I could not have done it without you!
Will I do it again... of course! Give me a few years or at least months though! Anyone that is considering it... DO IT!! For yourself... you can!!!



















And what was my time you ask? Not great... but good enough!
Four hours and twenty eight minutes!

12 comments:

dede said...

congratulations - you guys are awesome!

Grammy Suzzy said...

What a great accomplishment, Catherine!! I have a hard time with my three miles...you are an inspiration!

Stacie Aho said...

Way to go!! Sounds like your attitude about running has changed... you might do it again?! That's awesome! It must not be that bad.... ???

You're awesome!

IronLawGirl said...

You're kidding me!! You're freaking awesome! Here I think I'm ambitious becuase I'm going to do the Rock N Roll 1/2 marathon. That is amazing!! Nice job!

The McLaws Family said...

Catherine, I am so proud of you! What an amazing experience. Congratulations!

katie said...

I still can't believe it...and now I can't wait to do one...Congrats again!!

Annie Miller said...

Yipee! It's over! Done! No more! I have to admit...I have a little post marathon blues. What do we do now? You have some cute pics I don't have. We need to share!

Natalie said...

Yeah!!!! your a super star!

Griffith said...

Who's your Mamma, Well that would be me.




i think i just pee'd my pants I was laughing so hard.

haha.

Lauren Howell said...

Cat you rock. Major props to you lady. Maybe someday when I can afford a masseuse and knee replacements shortly after the race, I will entertain the idea. I'm proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Great accomplishment, Catherine--we are all in awe! You are one determined chickita!

Maury said...

You are! suh-weet marathon victory! Are you depressed now that it's over? That was the worst feeling ever.

When I was being my fat self in my hospital bed I was thinking of all the people running that and then I would cry... it was either that or the crippling pain of contractions.

Congrats on such an amazing accomplishment! Maybe I'll see you there next year!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed