Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Is this a Problem?

So we have this little problem in our house that has to do with Miss Ava and her hair. She has this CUTE curly blonde hair (in the back) and one little issue on the top.... it's BALD on the top left side! She has started PULLING HER HAIR OUT and EATING IT!!! I can't say much on the issue because it makes me VERY sad! I have been trying to figure out what to do about it and came up with a solution.
She only does it when she is tired and mostly when she is in her bed. The only thing is, is now she sleeps with gloves (well socks) taped to her hands. I feel a little bit mean about this but I would feel meaner if I have to shave her head. (Which my fear is the next step!) Hey, at least she has a cute face!






5 comments:

Natalie said...

Kitty seriously her hands wrapped make me wanna cry! Poor Misses!! Ava stop pulling your hair sister!

ourfamily said...

Hi! You don't know me, I was on Nate and Kassidi's blog and clicked on your blog by accident. I have a son who has some "ticks" (i.e- coughing, rubbing his face). My doctor recommended me this book -
Habit Control in a day
Written by Azrin & Nunn
it is out of print by you can get it on line.
My son has no control over his ticks. This week I am going to order the book and give it a try.
Also, Have you tried to give her a blanket that has a fringe (stringy???) edge, or mabye even on of those blankets with silk looped ribbon. Something she can rubber her fingers through. My youngest sucks his thumb and plays with his hair (at same time) but does not pull. Good luck with the whole thing.

Beckstrom Family said...

Adventures, adventures! I do love the curls, though. We love and miss you guys.

Rachelle said...

Hey Catherine, how are you! I would be sooo sad if one of my kids was doing that:( How sad.

Jason said...

ok could you please add some new pics!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed